The association aims to promote international understanding and to enhance relations between staff in the German Bundestag, the Bundesrat, the French National Assembly and the Senate on the professional level, as colleagues and outside the workplace.
- The VDFP pursues this objective laid out in its statutes in particular by
- organising training seminars, lectures, discussions and working groups on national policy and professional issues,
- preparing and running exchange programmes (currently between the German Bundestag and the French National Assembly),
- collecting and exchanging information to help promote comprehension of democracy and the parliamentary process,
- contributions to publications,
- preserving and fostering cultural aspects, especially the language of the partner country and
- maintaining links to similar associations at home and abroad.
Anyone who supports the association’s aims may become a member – particularly employees of the German Bundestag and the Bundesrat, as well as staff working for the parliamentary groups and for members of the German Bundestag. New members are very welcome.
The association holds lectures and information events for its members in Berlin. Cultural programmes are organised on a regular basis. In addition, section visits to Berlin or Paris are also arranged.
Beatrice Kleinert represents the Bundesrat on the association’s Executive Board.